- Connecting safely at QPAC
For the past 35 years, QPAC has been a place where people come together to connect, feel and learn. While we’re currently unable to operate in the same way as we have, we are determined to continue to connect artists with audiences and audiences with artists as deeply, safely and joyfully as possible.
As restrictions ease and we are once again able to welcome audiences back, we have implemented the following measures for the safety and wellbeing of our visitors, staff and artists.
Information on this page is subject to change and will be updated accordingly in line with government guidelines.
If any of the following apply to you or any member of your booking party, you or they must not come to QPAC.
- Required to self-isolate under laws aimed at reducing the spread of COVID-19
- Diagnosed as having COVID-19
- You have experienced symptoms including fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue, shortness of breath, runny nose, or loss of taste or smell in the last 14 days
- You or a member of your household has been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- You or a member or your household has been in close contact with anyone displaying COVID-19 symptoms
- You or a member of your household has travelled overseas in the past 30 days
- You or a member of your household has travelled to a COVID-19 hotspot in Australia in the past 30 days
If these apply to you or any member of your booking party, please contact QTIX to arrange a refund for that ticket. You can contact QTIX on 136 246 Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:30pm (AEST) or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will not apply if the ticket holder attends the venue, displays these symptoms and is asked to leave. Check our Ticketing Terms and Conditions.
- Hand sanitiser is available at hygiene stations in foyers and outside lifts
- Option to present your ticket on your phone
- Disinfection of seating and touchpoints before each performance
- Increased cleaning of foyer spaces and handrails
- Increased cleaning of bathrooms
- Limit of two people per lift
- Foyer seating arranged to ensure 1.5m distancing
- Decreased capacities in theatres and foyers, allowing 1.5m distancing
- One-way traffic routing, with separate entry and exit points, in foyers and venues
- Staggered audience entry and exit in venues
- Limited movement during interval
- Physical distancing markers at queuing areas such as Food and Beverage outlets and Box Office
- Staff monitoring traffic flow and distancing
- Register contact details for all guests in your party for contract tracing if required
- Observe physical distancing at all times
- Arrive early to allow for staggered entry times
- Download the COVIDSafe app to aid contract tracing if needed
- Please pay by card wherever possible to avoid handling of cash
- Contact details for guests will be only used if required for contact tracing
- Vulnerable patrons are advised to seek medical advice before attending
- Please see our Conditions of Entry
In accordance with our Conditions of Entry, all visitors enter QPAC at their own risk. Whilst QPAC has implemented all legally required and recommended control measures in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic, by entering QPAC all visitors acknowledge and accept that there currently remains an unquantifiable risk of transmission of COVID-19. All visitors are assumed to have assessed this risk of transmission, including through consideration of their own health condition, in making the decision to attend the centre.