- Getting Here
- Traffic Updates & Notices
Be prepared to ensure you don’t miss the start of your performance
QPAC is located in a vibrant part of the city, with many events occurring, particularly on the weekends. Busy crowds, traffic changes and Queensland Rail track work can sometimes cause travel delays, which may affect your arrival time at QPAC. To avoid missing the start of your performance, we strongly suggest you plan your transport and leave home early to avoid any delays and arrive in good time to enjoy your show.
Keep updated via bom.gov.au/qld/warnings, qld.gov.au/alerts and qldtraffic.qld.gov.au for planning your safe travel to QPAC.
- Grey Street road closures – from Tuesday, 6 October 2020
Starting from Tuesday, 6 October 2020, parts of Grey Street adjacent to QPAC are closed to allow for work on Brisbane Metro and the New Performing Arts Venue at QPAC. While two-way traffic will continue along Grey Street, capacity and speed limits will be decreased which may cause delays.
During this time:
- The footpath and southbound lane of Grey Street is closed between the QPAC pedestrian tunnel and Russell Street
- Vehicle lanes narrow to allow two-way traffic in the current northbound lane of Grey Street; a 20km per hour speed limit is in place
- QPAC visitors crossing Grey Street on foot must cross at the lights at Melbourne or Russell Streets; fencing is in place to prevent crossing at other locations
- Russell Street closed to public vehicles between 6.30am and 6.30pm Monday to Friday; drop-off of Playhouse patrons with mobility difficulties can still be made during this time via traffic controller
- Patron set down areas are located on Grey Street outside Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre and at the entrance to The Bistro at QPAC
- Taxi zone on Grey Street remains unchanged
For up to date information on road closures visit 131940.qld.gov.au