QPAC is located in a vibrant part of the city at the corner of Grey Street and Melbourne Street in the South Bank precinct of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, and is situated on the banks of the Brisbane River.
Below are a range of access options for you to consider:
The most convenient parking option for visitors to QPAC is the Performing Arts Car Park (P1), located as part of the Cultural Centre car parks, accessible via Stanley Place.
Parking availability can be limited during peak times, so it is advisable to arrive early or consider pre‑paid parking which is also available at Performing Arts Car Park (P1).
Other nearby parking options include the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre Parking, and the South Bank Parklands Car Park, both are a short walk from QPAC. These options provide convenient parking for the Playhouse.
Cultural Centre car parks
Managed by Arts Queensland, the Cultural Centre offers three undercover car parks.
- Car park 1 (P1) offers the best parking for Queensland Performing Arts Centre, including 16 parking spaces for people with disabilities (PWD). Pre‑paid parking is accepted at this car park.
- Car park 2 (P2) offers the best parking for Queensland Art Gallery and Queensland Museum, including 13 parking spaces for people with disabilities (PWD).
- Car park 3 (P3) offers the best parking for the State Library Queensland and Gallery of Modern Art, including 6 parking spaces for people with disabilities (PWD).
The opening hours for the Cultural Centre car parks:
- Open between 7am to 12am (midnight) Monday to Sunday and public holidays.
- Closed on Good Friday and Christmas Day.
The casual parking rate is $17.60, while the pre‑paid parking rate is $23.65 (conditions apply, see full details below). Automated pay stations provide fully contactless payment, and only credit card payments (Visa or MasterCard) are accepted, no cash payments.
If assistance is needed with pre‑paid car park tickets, credit card issues, or equipment malfunctions, patrons can contact the car park staff via the intercom at the auto pay stations.
Fines apply for patrons requiring after-hours release of vehicles.
The maximum height for vehicles is 2.0 meters.
Find Cultural Centre car parks, via Stanley Place on Google Maps
Pre-Paid Parking at the Performing Arts Car Park (P1) offers guaranteed, safe, and convenient parking. Even when the "CAR PARK FULL" sign is displayed, the pre-paid car park ticket can still be used.
For daytime entry car park tickets, entry is allowed from the car park opening time, and exit must be within 90 minutes after the performance finish time.
For evening entry car park tickets, entry is permitted from 5pm, and exit must be by the closure time of the car park on that day.
Please take note of the following regarding pre-paid parking tickets:
- They are subject to availability.
- They can only be used at the Performing Arts Car Park (P1).
- They can be purchased until 7am on the day.
- They do not guarantee a specific parking space, including mobility-accessible car spaces.
- They must be scanned upon entry, and refunds are not provided for unused tickets or incorrect entry tickets.
- They are valid for the specific date and entry time specified at the time of purchase.
- Only one pre-paid parking booking can be made online at a time. For multiple bookings, please call QTIX at 136 246.
Drop Off/Loading Zones
Passenger Loading Zones
They are located on both sides of Grey St (on the QPAC side of Grey St as well as opposite QPAC just beyond the South Brisbane Railway Station before the Melbourne St intersection). Pedestrian access is available to QPAC from both Grey St and the river side of the building.
The southbound drop-off zone is the best option for Lyric Theatre, Concert Hall, and Cremorne Theatre performances. The northbound drop-off zone is located opposite Grey St outside the South Brisbane rail station towards Melbourne St.
The Russell St drop off zones are not currently accessible due to construction activities. An alternate drop off zone close to Russell St (with pedestrian access to the Playhouse) is in place on Grey St opposite the ABC Building near Olio Café at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre. Those with specific access needs may be provided with access dependent on construction activities.
Please be aware that the set-down areas have limited capacity, and we recommend you allow sufficient time for possible delays.
After dropping off in these zones, parking is then available in all car parks close to QPAC. Parking for people with mobility difficulties is available in all car parks.
Bus and Coach Drop-Off Zones
Due to ongoing roadworks on Grey St, there have been changes to the drop-off zones for coaches and buses. Passengers can be safely set down on Grey Street outside the Queensland Museum or at the State Library of Queensland.
Please check the Brisbane City Council website for any further updates on coach parking locations, times, and restrictions in South Bank and Brisbane CBD.
Take a look at our checklist to prepare for your visit and make it trouble-free and memorable.
- By train – to South Brisbane Station, opposite QPAC in Grey Street
- By bus – From 15 August the outbound bus services platform will move from the end of Victoria Bridge across to the other side of Grey St (Melbourne St, opposite Starbucks Coffee). Platform 2 and Platform 3 will remain in this location for the duration of the Brisbane Metro works. Services will continue to operate from this temporary location as per bus timetables.
- By CityCat – to South Bank ferry stop, which is only a short walk along the river from QPAC
- By Taxi – to the taxi area on the Grey Street side of QPAC. Free taxi phones are located in the Melbourne Street foyer, Cremorne Theatre lobby, and near the Playhouse cloakroom.
- QPAC can be accessed by bicycle from all sides of the building, including the Riverside Bikeway and Victoria Bridge.
- For details on bikeways and shared pathways in the precinct, please refer to Brisbane City Council's Cycling in Brisbane website.
- Bicycles can also be taken on CityCats, ferries, and Brisbane trains.
Eat & Drink
Just moments from your seat. We have savoury snacks, sweet treats, and refreshing beverages. Come early and enjoy a pre-show meal.
Theatres & Spaces
Discover essential theatre info for your upcoming performance at QPAC. Explore our world-class venues and plan your visit today!
Traffic Updates & Notices
Avoid travel delays, keep updated with the latest travel information, and discover new construction projects.
Here's some important information to ensure your visit is a comfortable and enjoyable experience.