- Event Review Guidelines
If you’ve been to a performance or an exhibition or taken a guided tour at QPAC, we encourage you to review your experience on the QPAC website.
By sharing your thoughts and feedback, you will help other people make informed buying choices. Following are some tips on creating a review and a few simple rules that we ask you to follow.
Patron event review guidelines
How to create a review
- Navigate to the page of the event that you want to leave a review for.
- Sign in using either your Facebook, Twitter or Google account.
- Give the event a 'star rating'. 5 stars is the maximum rating you can give an event.
- Write your review and submit it.
All reviews are moderated and we reserve the right to remove reviews that contravene any of the following rules:
- Be polite: Don’t use language or concepts that may hurt or offend other people, including performers, staff, creatives, other reviewers or readers.
- Don’t advertise: Our review space is for genuine reviews only, not advertisements, promotional material or comments made by or on behalf of a person or company with a financial interest in the topic.
- Be sincere: We welcome your honest opinion about the performance. We do not remove reviews because they are critical. We believe all constructive information can inform our customers buying decisions.
- Stay on-topic: Reviews should relate only to the performance or event you attended; feedback on other parts of your experience (e.g. parking, food, ticket pricing etc.) can be made by completing our feedback form.
- Be original: Don’t use other people’s material. Feedback that is factually incorrect and misleading may also be deleted.
If you have safety concerns about the show you are reviewing, please contact us immediately by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 136 246. Please make sure to include all information about the show and the details of the incident.
Tips for writing a good review
- Include the ‘why’: The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked what you saw, but also why.
- Be specific: Your review should focus on specific aspects of the performance, exhibition or tour e.g. cast, music, information received.
- Be sincere: We believe all constructive information can help prepare other patrons for their experience; we do not remove reviews because they are critical.
- Spoiler alert: If there’s a surprise element to what you experienced, please don’t spoil it for others by revealing it in your review
- Be concise: Try to keep your review under 200 words in length.
- Full disclosure: If you received a free ticket in exchange for your review, please clearly disclose that you received a ticket free of charge.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Queensland Performing Arts Centre and may be used at Queensland Performing Arts Centre's discretion. No further permissions or notifications are required for Queensland Performing Arts Centre or the promoter's of the reviewed performance to use, modify, publish, incorporate into marketing creative the content you submit.
- Your submission must be your own original work.
- Your reviews will normally be posted on the site within 2 business days.
- Queensland Performing Arts Centre reserves the right to change, condense or remove any content on qpac.com.au that it deems to violate the content guidelines.