- Event Review Guidelines
We are pleased to offer QPAC patrons the opportunity to share thoughts and feedback on performances they have seen at a QPAC venue.
Here's how to create a review:
- Visit QPAC's Event Reviews page.
- Click the "Write Event Review" button. You may be asked to select the show for which you to write a review.
- Enter in a Review Title or summary
- Give the performance a 'star rating'. 5 stars is the maximum rating you can give a show.
- Write your review.
- Provide you name and email address. Your email address will not be published on your review.
- Enter in the security code to confirm your review and submit.
General Review Guidelines
QPAC wants your opinions to be heard
We want customers to get the information they need to make smart buying choices, and we'd love to have your help doing that. As a QPAC customer, you can submit written reviews for shows listed on qpac.com.au. We encourage you to share your opinions.
Who can create customer reviews?
Anyone who has been to a performance at QPAC. All we ask is that you follow a few simple rules (see "What's not allowed" below).
Tips for writing a great review:
- Include the "why": The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked a performance, but also why.
- Be specific: Your review should focus on specific aspects of the performance, cast, sets and content, that you enjoyed.
- Be sincere: We welcome your honest opinion about the performance. We do not remove reviews because they are critical. We believe all constructive information can inform our customers buying decisions.
- Full disclosure: If you received a free ticket in exchange for your review, please clearly and conspicuously disclose that that you received the ticket free of charge.
- Writing in ALL-CAPS: Writing sentences in all-uppercase characters is considered "SHOUTING" and should be avoided.
- Avoid unannounced spoilers!: Please don't reveal crucial plot elements.
What's not allowed
QPAC is pleased to provide this forum for you to share your opinions on performances. While we appreciate your time and comments, we reserve the right to remove reviews that include any of the following:
- Obscene or distasteful content
- Profanity or spiteful remarks
- Advertisements, promotional material or repeated posts that make the same point excessively Sentiments by or on behalf of a person or company with a financial interest in the product or a directly competing performance.
- Reviews written for any form of compensation other than a free ticket to the performance.
- Crucial plot elements (unless you offer a clear "spoiler alert")
- Other people's material
- Phone numbers, postal mailing addresses, and URLs
- Details about availability or price
- Feedback on your experience outside of the show e.g. parking, food, etc. If you do have feedback on service you have received at QPAC please let us know by completing our feedback form.
- Feedback relating to pricing will not be published. If you do have any concerns regarding ticket pricing, please let us know by completing our feedback form.
If you have safety concerns about the show you are reviewing, please contact us immediately by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 136 246. Please make sure to include all information about the show and the details of the incident.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Queensland Performing Arts Centre and may be used at Queensland Performing Arts Centre's discretion. No further permissions or notifications are required for Queensland Performing Arts Centre or the promoter's of the reviewed performance to use, modify, publish, incorporate into marketing creative the content you submit.
- Your submission must be your own original work.
- Your reviews will normally be posted on the site within 2 business days.
- Queensland Performing Arts Centre reserves the right to change, condense or remove any content on qpac.com.au that it deems to violate the content guidelines.